21 August 2022

I Was Going To Try Shooting

Packed up my stuff, grabbed Marv and headed to the closest range, where we're also members.

Line didn't seem too bad, but this range has the WORST, bar none, check-in process I've ever seen.

Five minutes per customer minimum and nothing ever seems to speed it up.

Always a single person running the check-in station even though there's four actual registers.

The line is building up behind us and the person at the check-in gets on the phone.

I say, to Marv, that if the line is running out the door, you let the phone go.

This gets me glared at by one of the people in the group ahead of us in line.

So I look that person in the eye and say, "The person in the store trumps the person in the phone.  Where's the money?"

He glared harder and turned around.

Ooooooh, I'm scared.

But, really, the wallet's proximity to the register sets the customer priority.

A customer IN the store has decided to shop there, what you do now can make them go away and not spend money they'd already earmarked for you.

About here Marv hears that only three of the five 100 yard lanes are running, and we'd already seen two of them were occupied.

So I decided to bail for now.

In addition to the wait, I didn't like glaring boy's company.  People who look like they want to start a fight like that affect my joie de vivre.

A side note:

They are the most unwelcoming store-front for a range I've ever encountered.  Harvey has mentioned it more than once.


4 comments:

  1. this is why I hate being around people... always an asshole... panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angus, how long you been a member there? Did mgmt change? Or just a long line and one clerk as you say? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been a member there for three years, but it's been like this since they decided they weren't getting enough business to be open on Mondays about five years ago.

      They're chronically understaffed at the registers and especially at time consuming tasks like check-in and FDLE checks.

      I really think they got a one-size-fits-all run-a-range software package that grinds them to a halt with things that just don't apply to their location.

      It's also galling that the membership is supposed to give a discount on many items, but it appears that whom is running the register matters about whether you get it or not.

      Delete
  3. Stuff like this makes me thankful my local range is 24/7 card access to vast and sparsely populated facility. I'm OK with being my own RSO when it's my own 100 yard bay.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.