16 August 2023

Clogged

A certain amount of water will get inside your doors.

They put little holes in the bottom to let that water out.

If those holes get clogged, you get water where it shouldn't get.

I had water on the rear left footwell of The Beast.

I even tracked down a rear door seal to fix the problem.

Today, I got to look at the car when it was still raining.

It wasn't leaking around the door seal.

It was coming from the door panel.

I shook the door and heard sloshing.

So I stuck my fingers up under the wind seal and moved it away from the holes and got drainage.

Running my finger along the wind seal got a lot of organic gunk.

Now all the holes are cleared and I will check the other three doors tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The rear window on my old Colorado was leaking... Interior would smell musty for a few days after a rain. I fixed it with a bead of silicone around the top of the window. So far no more leaks. I will have to check to see if I've got a similar issue with drainage being plugged up by around 18 years of dust and gunk buildup. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
    -swj

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.