10 August 2023

Grudging Admission

I will have to admit that GM got the caliper design right on the 2nd Gen Equinox with regards to pad changes.

You undo one slider pin, and rotate the caliper up on the other.

The pads stay on the bracket in their little spring clips.

You don't need to worry about dropping the caliper and damaging the brake line.

So you yank the pads and springs, replace same, compress the piston, flip the caliper back down and replace the one bolt in one pin and viola!  Robert is your mother's brother!

This is so much better than the balancing act my F or B bodies had going on and holding the pads in the caliper until you could sneak up on the rotor and hunt for the slider-nut...  IT WAS JUST HERE WHERE THE FUCK DID IT GO WHY AM I SITTING ON IT HOW DID IT GET UNDER ME??

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.