13 August 2023

Full Fuel Replacement

I wondered how old the gas in the mower's can was.

I could not remember when we'd last bought ethanol-free mower gas.

That's usually a good indicator that it's been more than a year.

So I dumped it into the "firepit" gas jug and headed to the local Wawa and got me two new gallons.

When I go home, I realized that the gas in the mower was from that same old batch...

So I dumped it out and it was piss yellow.

Fresh gas added to the mower, I decided to run it for a bit to make sure the old gas was moved out of the bowl and carb.

That "run it for a bit" turned out to be me mowing the back yard.

A regular shake-down test.

When I had it apart I also adjusted the magneto to have the correct spacing.

Now it doesn't bog down in the one section of thick grass that never dries!

It also no longer surges.

I'm very happy with this small accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.