10 August 2023

Pacing

The Lovely Harvey's car has new rotors and pads on all four corners.

Moxie now has new pads on all four corners to compliment the new caliper on her front right.

The heat is taxing.

Very taxing.

Draining, even.

Marv and I knocked out Harvey's car in one sitting so that I knew she had good brakes to take The Boy to the regional Special Olympics bowling competition.

She'd mentioned vibration and we knew that a rotor was on its way out before she became a work from home type.  It'd been fixed a long time ago if she was still commuting 80 miles a day.

I've changed her oil twice from age without the mileage or "change oil" light coming on.  Same for Moxie.

Moxie's brakes, I took in stages.  I did the caliper, brake line and pads one night, the other front the next and the rears today.

Pedal feels much better.  I'm probably tricking myself into thinking that I have more pedal too... but my subjective impression is that it's not going near so far to the floor to get the same braking.

It's no comparison to the 4-piston Brembos with braided stainless lines on The Beast, but it's also no Hot-Rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.