19 August 2023

Sproing

I've felt that the recoil spring on the P220 was getting weak for a while.

The slide was getting sluggish after just a few magazines.

Since SIG's are known for consuming such springs, I ordered a replacement 18 lb. spring.

Wolff calls it a reduced power spring, but I found that the stock spring could be 15 lb. or 24 lb. from the factory.  With older German guns coming with the 15.

The new spring is noticeably longer than the older one.

The slide feels snappier with the new spring installed.

Included in the kit was this, smaller, spring.

What could this be for?  I wondered.

Well, reading the instructions informed me that it's a firing pin spring.

I'd never taken the firing pin block out before, so this was a fun new thing!

Simple and easy and I didn't even have to hit YouTube to figure it out.

Huzzah!


1 comment:

  1. Still haven't broken mine in at the range.
    I've only dry-fired it with a laser slug.
    Thanks for the info, which might come in handy. I'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.