26 October 2023

Boom Head Shot

Bella Twin used a .22 Long from a single shot Cooey Ace 1 to kill a record big grizzly bear.

That should be a 1d+1 pi- shot to the skull of the bear.

Grizzlies have 19 hit points.

This is not an easy shot.

The story says that she used her expert knowledge of the bear's anatomy to hit it where its skull was thinnest.

I don't have official rules for this, but I'd allow a roll against an appropriate skill to know of a place on an animal that bypasses the extra skull DR.

I'd also give it a penalty to hit similar to hitting the eye.

Max damage of 7 to the skull will become 20 damage done. 

That's enough to knock the bear unconscious, just barely, if it rolls poorly, and Bella Twin put another six in basically the same spot once it was down to make sure it stayed down.

This shoot will GURPS.

4 comments:

  1. Could you GURP a poachers deer kills with a 22 LR and then a 22 Mag please. As I've been there, I am curious just how "lucky" a shot they were in GURPS.

    If the head has a DR 2 what is the equivalent armor material for DR2 say as a handheld shield for an example. Curious to learn just how hard my head is (My wife has an opinion LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. She shot the bear in the ear. That’s what my father-in-law told me once. I do know that a guy fishing on the Russian River killed a Brown bear with a 9mm that way a few years back.
    JFM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halfway between the ear and eye according to the linked article.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.