06 October 2023

Getting Warm In Here

While I was yapping on the phone, I noticed that it was a tad warm in the house.

I tend to pace while I chat, so I initially thought it was just from the limited exercise, but then saw the thermostat reading 80° and the "AC is running" indicator was on.

Target temp is 78°...  And the air handler and compressor weren't running.

UGH!  Always on a Friday evening!

The two most common reasons for a compressor to not run are the drain line getting clogged and the starter capacitor failing.

Blowing out the drain line appears to have cured it.

This is the second time I've had to do that because it's stopped running.

3 comments:

  1. You can install a drain cleanout and pour a cup of bleach down the drain monthly to stop the snot from growing in the pipes. Basically a pvc joint that points up and a short stub of pipe with a cap that isn't glued on, just pressure fitted on.

    It does help greatly to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been bleaching, but helps greatly and eliminates completely are not the same thing.

      Delete
    2. True, very true.

      Maybe you need to put 'blowing out' on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.