28 May 2021

Optics And Crafts

The little rubber turret cap retainers on my Primary Arms PAC5X have disintegrated.

They were a dual function figure-8 deal where one ring was the gasket for the turret cap and the other was the retainer for the cap.

The gasket part is doing fine, happily.

Primary Arms doesn't stock or sell the little retainers.

That's fine, I have this!  It's left over from my repair of an Izzy carry handle SUIT mount.


 

 

It's essentially the same method that Trijicon uses with their ACOG.


 

You can still lose the caps if you take them both off at the same time, but that's relatively unlikely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.