19 June 2023

But It's Just You

YouTube has been very flakey lately.

Lots of long loading circles...

There's a little pop up asking if I'm experiencing slow load times and interruptions.

I click on it.

Google, patiently, explains that it's my provider experiencing higher demand this time of day.

Except.

Amazon Prime streams smoothly.

Sling streams smoothly.

Roku streams smoothly.

Playeur streams smoothly.

Gee, Google, it sure doesn't seem like it's my provider.

Or my operating system, because that's where you're heading next.  Win7, Win11 and Ubuntu all behave the same.

Or my browser.

All three Chromium browsers, (Chrome, Chromium and Edge) and Firefox all do it too.

2 comments:

  1. haven't had those issues with brave...and with brave, no ads...no matter how long the video...panzer guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm… I thought it was the build of SmartTubeNext that I'm using was having an issue.

    (SmartTubeNext is an ad free open source YouTube app for Android STB/Amazon Firesticks easily installed without any technical knowledge.)

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.