15 June 2023

OK Groomer

There's a Tim Pool video where he says that Yuengling beer has sponsored a drag show for kids in a deleted Tweet.

So far he's the only source of this information.

Yuengling is opening a restaurant here in Tampa and I expressed, on Facebook, that I wouldn't get too excited until I knew if they'd really sponsored a kids drag show, or not.

I got replied to that I could stay in my mom's basement and would be safe there.

Which brings up, for me, again: Why is it so fucking important that children be at drag shows?

Why is it paramount that anyone who questions the wisdom of doing so be attacked?

The responses don't make one naturally come to the conclusion that it's innocent fun, but something nefarious.

Innocent fun doesn't need that kind of defense.

Yet...

So, I await more information from Yuengling and I'll just keep ignoring the groomers.

I'd remind Yuengling that, just like Bud Light, there's LOTS of other beers that don't do anything sus with kids.

6 comments:

  1. Let us imagine for a moment here in the Twilight Zone, that someone near to the location of the new soon to be opened restaurant is pissed at that eventuality. What better way under current climate of insanity than to anonymously post scurrilous innuendo about this drag crap?

    Yuengling is a great brand (sadly not yet sold in MI) and so far has never done anything other than make great beer and not buy into all the so called "woke" agenda.

    Hmm, maybe that last fact is what is really pissing of the pissants? Will wiat for an update. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There would be nothing that bad about children seeing drag shows if it were just some guys in dresses and makeup singing some Liza Minelli songs. However, my late first wife loved drag shows, so I have actually been to quite a few back in the day. None of them didn't contain at least R rated content. They were not appropriate for minors at all. Not just adult language, but suggestive sexual talk. Some of them had brief flashes of nudity. That's fine for adults, but I see no reason why anyone under 18 should be permitted. Here in Texas almost all drag shows that I know of are at venues that are already 21+ due to being 51% liquor serving establishments. They can't allow minors by state liquor law. Not even 18-20 year olds normally. -swj

    ReplyDelete
  3. FWIW Yuengling Traditional Lager is OK, but not something I'd normally buy. I like their Golden Pilsner a little more, it's certainly a step above mass market stuff like Budweiser, Miller High Life, Coors Banquet, etc., albeit it isn't a standout compared to the multitude of craft beers on the market today. They certainly aren't in a situation where I would think they can stick their neck out to make a political point. ABInBev can afford to do that a lot more and even they are taking some lumps for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... forgot... That previous comment was me... -swj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would object to drag queens less if they actually did a good job of impersonating women. The ones I've seen dress in clothes that no self-respecting hooker would wear, slather on makeup to the point that I want to apologize to Tammy Faye Bakker (remember her?) for ever having made fun of her, and camp it up worse than Dr. Frank N. Furter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drag Queens aren't transvestites or transgender. Doing an accurate impression of a woman is emphatically NOT the point.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.