09 June 2023

Always Missing The Point

They want to crack down on aggressive driving.

Local news article.

Dear law enforcement officers;

You really want aggressive driving to disappear?  Honest?

Start writing obstruction of traffic tickets on the plethora of idiots who can't get up to speed, can't maintain speed and think that three wide is A-OK.

What makes people aggressive is the people going five to ten under and using all three lanes in formation.

Start enforcing the laws that are already on the books and I expect that the problem will clear up.

I am constantly amazed that I cannot set the cruise at the speed limit and just be able to drive.  I will constantly catch up with a block of traffic going 10 under and once I clear the lead three cars blocking all three lanes, I can go as fast as I want until I catch the next rolling roadblock.

There's laws about minimum speed.

There's laws about running in the passing lane when you're not passing.

There's laws about obstructing traffic.

But it's always the person trying to get around the people violating the above who're targeted for tickets.

I am starting to think that having an AARP card means you should lose your license.  And any license from North of the Mason-Dixon line should have a special endorsement before being allowed on Florida roads.

4 comments:

  1. Amen.
    Latest vireal road sign/bumper sticker is "Camp in the forest. Not the left lane.."

    The same proscription on idiots on wheels is true hereabouts for any license plate east of the Rockies.

    Awhile back, an 18-wheeler driver snapped, and started ramming everyone in front of him off the road on I-405 at rush hour, racked up 20-something cars off to the side before they finally got him coralled.

    If I'd been on the jury pool, I would have given him time served pre-trial, and slipped him $20 for a beefier bumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. One time I got pulled over by a complete butthead that worked for the PD I worked for because three cars were being a-holes and I was doing the best not to be involved in their stupidity. The turd finally agreed that he saw the three cars and pulled me over because I was slowing down (to get off the road and sit for 10 minutes.)

    Attack the jerks who drive 25-35mph side to side and carry on a conversation. Seen that lots of times here, and it's not damned yankees doing it. Nope.

    And attack the jerks who don't follow the traffic laws like signaling turns, like braking at stop signs. Attack the idiot bicyclists who belong to the spandex mafia. Hit the jerks with their detuned hybrids that take a city block to accelerate to speed.

    I'd almost, almost, push for vehicle inspections, but those were corrupt and run by idiots, surprisingly, mostly from... damned yankee land.

    Due to carrying a powered wheelchair and a wife and a dog, I drive the speed limit. I don't blast accelerate. But I do drive sanely. Sadly, it's the insane idiots around me that need fixing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.