19 June 2023

Value

FuzzyGeff has begun to sort out the magic items from WFRP and noticed that they don't have any monetary value assigned.

He's confident he can create the GURPS effects of the item from using the advantages and disadvantages lists...

But this leaves us someplace I loathe in GURPS.

I didn't care for it in Champions either.

It reared its ugly head in GURPS: Cyberpunk most loudly.

When I go to get my meat arm lopped off and replaced with a shiny metal one, do I pay with money or points?

If I paid with money, do I change the point values on my character sheet to reflect the change?

If I paid with points, do I have to pay the money too?

I made a command decision with cyberwear to charge points only during character generation and cash after play had begun.  If you paid cash, you changed the points on your sheet.  It also required that I paid attention to the clever players and made sure they didn't take a gob of wealth just to spend on cyberwear after play began because wealth was cheaper.

It took a lot of subjective effort to referee.

WFRP items have no cash value.  That can't be true, such things will have a cash value, there's no OFFICIAL value.

So, we're going to have to go with...  Found is found.  Change your points to reflect ownership, or the disposal of such things.

It will mean that someone can start a campaign with a magic item by blowing the points.  But it also allows for the generation of more experienced characters and NPCs in a format that readily shows the relative power levels.

That might just reduce the surprise when you total-party-kill because you didn't realize what that staff did to your bad-guy's efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.