12 June 2023

Hosed

I am sure there's a reason.

I just can't figure out what it is.

The heater hoses on The Beast come in four pieces.  Two coming from the water pump, two returning.

One section is long, running from the firewall a union just short of the water pump and a shorter section running from that coupler to the pump.

All I can think of is the couplers are flow restrictors.  I will be finding out when I change all the coolant hoses soon.

Preventative maintenance.

Also...

The upper radiator hose is in two sections.  This one makes more sense.  The line for the oil-cooler Tee's into it.

This method of getting oil to water heat transfer has caused the birthing of many cats.

For some reason, it is believed that the little metal loop in the oil-cooler line that terminates in the radiator hose has a greater chance of leaking into the coolant than a metal pipe in the tank of the radiator.

I can't remember ever having the line in the tank break.  I have had the fitting on the tank leak coolant, requiring replacement of the radiator.

The only time I've ever managed to mix oil and coolant was blowing a head gasket.  <-- And that was my fault for not even looking to see if there were torque specifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.