18 June 2023

Hand Cannon

.357 SIG is about as identical to .38 Super, ballistically, as you can get.

The gigantic difference is the pistol.

My .38 Super 1911 Gov't Model shoots a 5" group centered around the point of aim at 25 yards.

Harvey's .357 SIG Sigma shoots a 6" tall, 3" wide group 4" below the point of aim at 7 yards.

I can shoot that Colt all day and am done with the Smith after 20 rounds.

Oh, don't get on my bad side when I'm carrying that Colt because my splits are insanely small.  I have been asked to stop bringing it to two bowling pin events.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard a lot of great things about Sigmas... Most of the S&W that I have are over 100 years old, true antiques even by BATFE's definition. My wife has an S&W 5906 which shoots fine. Its a well built handgun, but being a big old slab of stainless, it is a heavy mofo. Being a 9mm, it has very little recoil. The .357 Sig handgun I have is a Polymer 80 Pf940v2 with slide and barrel by Lone Wolf. I originally bought the latter to use on top of my original Glock 22 frame, but ended up making a new frame for it from an 80%. Recoil of .40 S&W in a Glock fullsize compatible is sharp. .357 Sig even more so. I'm kind of surprised I've never seen a .38 Super setup for a Glock compatible. I'm thinking maybe the cartridge is too long for the regular sized Glock frames. Might have to go on the larger one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .38 Super would need the large frame of the 20 or 21 because of the cartridge length. Because the case diameter is smaller than 10mm, you'd need a special magazine. And that's the reason that nobody's done it.

      Delete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.