15 June 2023

Giving Up

I deleted a few of the webcomics I've been reading from my bookmarks today.

I realized that I had no idea whom half the characters were, their relationship to the other characters and that whatever was going on that got me interested in reading them was no longer happening.

I'd only been reading them out of habit rather than interest.

Never mind that a couple of them appear to be veering into a, "let's talk about transgender without talking about transgender and not talk about anything else," narrative.  It's just not something I'm interested in reading about OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

1 comment:

  1. I had one I liked to read on a regular basis that started swerving into that and I was fine with it until the day the author said something like "if you believe in x then you shouldn't read my coming." I don't remember what it even was. Something not unreasonable as I recall. I honored their request.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.