27 June 2023

Philosophy

A strong analogy, I've found, in trying to express my philosophical positions is a lot like using an allen head screw to put something back together instead of the Torx head that came out.

It does not matter that the something is back together and working just fine.

I used the wrong screw and we're going to fucking obsess over that until the end of time.

Even if, perhaps especially if, I admit that I knew it was the wrong screw, but didn't worry because interchangeable.

But these things aren't interchangeable if the original was a different drive than what I used and is working fine.  Apparently.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone, a YouTube channel I follow restores old tractors and he's obsessive about correct hardware. Not just dimensions but manufacturers so he has boxes of NOS Rockford and Caterpillar bolts so the markings are period correct.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.